Choosing a good SEO company is not as easy as it looks. There are literally thousands of SEO companies in Sydney wanting your business and finding the good ones, that offer a premium, reliable and credible service is like finding a needle in a haystack. Following are some tips to help you find the best SEO company that your marketing budget permits.
If you Google ‘SEO’ or ‘SEO companies Sydney’ you are going to find thousands of options. Most people only look at the home page results and here in lies the problem. On this page there are I would say (and I am not being biased here) about only 2 to 3 companies that really know what they are doing. The rest are fly by nighters, start ups ( THAT HAVE SPAMMED THEIR SOON TO BE PENALISED WEBSITE TO PAGE 1), or even freelancers that outsource all their work.
You might say well they are on page 1 so they must be doing something right and they must be OK, but this is far from the truth. This is because some of these guys have done a couple of dodgy and very non Google compliant things to get to this position on page 1.
Their logic is to spam their website up to page 1, doing anything they can to get there and once they are there, they will proceed to fleece as many non suspecting businesses as they can. Most of the public are completely ignorant of these kind of games these fraudsters play and will easily fall prey to sweet sounding promises of page 1 Google postions. These SEO companies are there for a short time, till Google notices them (then they disappear) and guess what….they will build a brand new website, spam the hell out of it and then have it ranking for a couple of months till it gets penalised again. These players know who they are and they have got this down to a fine art form. It’s a continuous cyclical and very methodical process and spam your way to the top, rip as many people off as you possibly can, then do it all again.
So how do you find that needle in the haystack? Following are a few golden rules you should follow in order to avoid falling for these ‘cowboys’ and finding a great SEO company.
1) make the phone call and go and visit them. Do not do everything in the virtual space – make sure they are real, that they exist and that you can have real human interaction with them. Freelancers tend to want to do things all over the phone, take your credit card details and they rest is history. Be really careful if you feel any type of push back when you mention a meeting.
2) Ask them if they outsource their SEO or is it all done in house – the last thing you want is your SEO done in a third world country by a complete stranger who has no accountability or no idea about your business. This is the worst thing that could happen to you because your SEO needs to be done locally. Indian or Thai based SEO middle man who the work is often out sourced to, do everything on the cheap and you end up paying the price. Again, they might even tell you that they are NOT outsourcing their SEO when in fact they are – so this is why you need to go to their office and physically suss the whole operation out.
3) Asking for testimonials is pointless, they are not going to give you any negative ones – there is not much you can do about this I’m afraid, so again trust your gut instinct when you see them. If you smell a rat or something seems odd or out of place or just not quite right then give them the flick.
4) You choose companies that have paid ads right up the top of the results, thinking that these are organic. This is a huge mistake made by many businesses who think that because they are in the top 3 they are the best – WELL YOU ARE WRONG!! These top 3 are PAID ADS AND PEOPLE PAY BIG money to be up there – knowing the difference between paid and organic ads will make a huge difference in your decision in choosing a great SEO company. Remember the very TOP 3 listing are paid. The organic results begin just below these.
5) When you are speaking with them or asking them SEO questions, see if they are pushing you into a SEO contract or offering some other scam like ‘ page 1 in 90 days or pay nothing’ OR ‘ if we cant rank you in 6 months we will do the SEO for free’ – these are all total SCAMS and total outright traps to fool you into dealing with them – this s a good sign that these guys are a bunch of amateurs / con artists looking to empty your wallet. In fact, I would have to say that this is really the main thing to be wary of. Any unrealistic promises, guarantees, or do-for-free work is what most people fall for – any whiff of this over the phone should be dealt with immediately – that is hang up!!
I get so many calls every do from people that have been conned in this fashion. They are the ones who suffer the most by having their website penalised – my tip to anyone reading this blog is to call us here at SEO SYDNEY EXPERTS for some very honest and cold hard truth facts and advice about SEO – I won’t lie, I won’t pretty things up and try to paint a rosy picture of the SEO landscape. What I will do is give it to you straight and tell you how it is – I am here most of the time on 02 9360 8514 – just ask for Steven.
So, if you are seriously concerned about your current SEO campaign and want to make a change – do something about this now! Waiting will only make matters worse.