If you think that SEO is dead and is something that you can do for yourself then you really need to think again.
SEO is very much alive and it is the smart business operators who understand this and who are working with a SEO company for their online marketing and Google ranking.
Also having a DIY approach to your SEO is a killer! Go with an expert. Its like trying to manage a house build. It may seem like a good idea to begin with and you may think that you are saving money, but watch out – things can and DO go nasty very quickly, if you even slightly violate a Google guideline.
Based on this and knowing that SEO should be part of your marking mix I have compiled 7 reasons why your business should invest in an organic ( not adwords) SEO strategy.
1) It works, it really does – don’t believe people that say SEO is dead. Sure there have been massive Google updates, including the latest Hummingbird update, but if you implement your strategy with a clear and well thought out plan, you will rank. Simple as that. I personally have helped rank hundreds of websites and they all follow a proven and tried technique. It’s a formula that we use time and time again that works.
2) Based on what the search engines are using to rank websites, it does not appear that these SERPS or ranking results are going to change in the future. The formulas and algorithms are tightening up but overall the ranking trends appear to be consistent. The way Google ranks audio and video searches are also extremely consistent. All are text based and rely on keyword density, title tags and an great back linking campaign.
3) Its really very cheap – think of what you used to pay for a Yellow Pages advert and SEO now looks very attractive. Also compared to Adwords, SEO is much more affordable. Again, look at traditional marketing such as TV, radio and print and you get an idea of how much ( over the top prices) you were paying for these mediums. You may think that you can rely on free social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter, but a solid SEO campaign, should be the foundation of your online presence. Thinking you can get away without search engine optimisation is negligent and overall really bad for your business. Beware – that bargaining for SEO and scouting around for the cheapest deal is also a major problem and something that needs to be addressed. Paying rock bottom prices will only end up getting your website penalized.
4) Search engines are now getting more market share – Somewhere between 70-85% of potential clients and customers will be looking online before making a decision. Look at the trend its absolutely amazing. Think about your buying habits 10 years ago and look at them today and you will then clearly see the necessity for SEO – if you aren’t ranking and on page 1, you are no where. This trend will grow and if you are blind to this then your business will ultimately suffer the consequences.
5) Local search is critical for small business and this is where SEO can really improve a businesses bottom line. Local directories are so out dated and no one is looking at them when conduction a search. So, if you want to rank locally for your company then you MUST think SEO!
6) Part of the SEO process is looking at your website and ensuring that it is up to date; graphically as well as having new, fresh content. Strategically this is great for your business as it means that you are forever looking at ways to improve your websites online performance as well the content you are publishing. It keeps you on your toes, which is great from a marketing perspective.
7) If you think for one minute your competition is not doing SEO then you are mistaken. Join in and sign up with a SEO company or be left behind. Basically, if you are not looking at ways to improve your online position and leap over your competitors then you will loose out. Ignoring this MOST VALUABLE MARKETING TOOL is a serious mistake. I cannot emphasis this enough.
Investing your time and resources into organic SEO has never been more important. Before you launch and business or if you are currently have a business, you really need to think long and hard about this process and all the benefits that can be derived from this.